Calling in the Calvary
Step back in time 50 years as Robin Bartlett takes you on a gripping journey through his extraordinary experiences as a 1st Lieutenant with the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) during the height of the Vietnam War. As a combat infantry platoon leader, Robin led his 32-man platoon on search and destroy missions and helicopter assaults into intense landing zones. In this captivating presentation, Robin unveils the horror, fear, anguish, and even moments of dark humor that defined the war, shedding light on its long-term impact and sharing valuable insights on leadership, courage, PTSD, and life lessons learned.
Robin Bartlett delivers keynote addresses, talks, and podcasts with powerful visuals for a wide range of audiences including:
- Veteran recognition: Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Vietnam Veterans Day
- Veteran Groups
- Civic Groups
- Military Families
- Vietnam War & Military History Buffs
- High School and College Courses
Drawing from his personal experiences, Robin dives into various topics related to the Vietnam War and its aftermath, offering unique perspectives and lessons learned:
- Personal perspectives and lessons learned from the Vietnam War after 50+ years from a ‘boots on the ground’ point of view.
- Leadership: The challenges of being a “grunt” (infantryman) and leading young men in combat.
- Firefights, fear, and courage: Navigating life and death situations and demonstrating bravery under fire.
- The Army’s Airmobile battle concept and the intense combat assaults conducted with the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile).
- Coping with and surviving PTSD, Agent Orange, and the transition to civilian life after combat.
- The post-war landscape: Demining Vietnam, Honor Flights, Gold Star Mothers, Sons & Daughters in Touch, and other humanitarian nonprofits.
- The significance of the phrase “Welcome Home” for Vietnam Veterans and a comparison with other wars.