A wise man once told that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the different results.The same guy told me about the CANEI Principle. (Constant and Never Ending Improvement)
I think that all too often, as men, we don’t give any thought at all to our own self-improvement. We do our job, we come home, we go to bed, we get up – and we do it all again.
I think that it is important to understand that our children – even when they are babies, are learning from us. When we look at them – we can SEE the CANEI principle at work, right? They start off pooping and screaming, and then gradually learn to walk and talk and wipe their own butts. Soon, they are reading, building with legos, playing football, driving, dating, marrying, and parenting!
It’s important for us to try not to forget our need to improve as well! We want our little boys to grow up to be good men, who never stop improving! We want our little girls to be good women, who keep growing and maturing, right?
Part of being a good dad is to constantly be striving to be a better man.
Let’s take a minute to answer these questions! Feel free to comment or email me: email@example.com if you want to chat about it!
- What areas of your life need improvement?
- What books, blogs, or podcasts are you reading or listening to?
- Who do you hang out with that you can learn from?
- Who do you hang out with that you can teach?
- What kind of plan can you make to help you improve in the areas you mentioned?Tune in Next Week, for The Perils of Passivity: Take Responsibility
Don’t Miss Out! Subscribe today to make sure you get these emails in your inbox!